Kitchen Fire Tips
Between 2012-2016 the NFPA found that cooking was the leading cause of fires within the United States. It’s important to remember safety when cooking in our homes. Don’t leave stove tops or ovens unattended, and if you have to leave the room to host guests or for another reason, be sure to take an oven mitt with you to remind you that something is cooking on the stove or in the oven.
If you happen to have a grease fire in your home, do not pour water on it! It may seem elementary, but sometimes, you can do silly things when you’re panicked by a fire in your kitchen. Instead, cover the fire with a cookie sheet to suffocate it. If it’s a small fire, you can also use salt to put it out as well. Make sure to always have a fire extinguisher on hand just if a fire breaks out in your kitchen.
For all your fire damage cleaning needs, give us a call today at (727) 521-2562.